Ethics and Responsibility
Society(Banga Sanskriti O Itihas Anusandhan Parishad or BSIAP) is committed to upholding the integrity of the work we publish. The value of academic publishing relies on everyone involved behaving ethically. The following points are only intended to give a broad overview and are not exhaustive. you have any questions or concerns please also feel free to contact the Editor of the Journal.
Our society is committed to:
- Maintaining the editorial independence of journal editors
- Supporting journal editors to run their journals ethically and transparently
- Maintaining an accurate and transparent academic record, including publishing corrections and retractions when necessary.
Authors should ensure that:
- Their work is original and written by them.
- Their work has not been previously published and has been submitted only to the journal.
- Where material is taken from other sources (including their own published writing) the source is clearly cited and that where appropriate permission is obtained.
- Their work does not infringe on any rights of others, including privacy rights and intellectual property rights.
- Their data is true and not manipulated.
- They adhere to all research ethics guidelines of their discipline, particularly where human or animal subjects are involved.
- They contact the Editor to identify and correct any material errors upon discovery, whether prior or subsequent to publication of their work.
- Above all, authors should be transparent.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the review process
- Refrain from contacting the authors directly without permission of the journal
- Conduct themselves fairly and impartially
- Maintain and promote consistent ethical policies for their journals.
- Oversee and act to enforce those policies as needed in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ensure the confidentiality of the review process.
- work with authors, reviewers, and Editorial Board members as necessary to ensure they are sufficiently advised regarding their journals’ ethics and publishing policies and that the journal’s stewardship on ethical matters is fair, unbiased, and timely